Pages - Menu

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Make-Up Revolution Mini- Haul

I've been meaning to do this review for a while now, but i've been so busy recently visiting family and trying to organise my life that i've just been useless. Anyway, Make-Revolution are an amazing brand that provide products that are great quality, at a great price.

I ordered a few bits and bobs to try out so I thought I'd share them with you guys.







Pro Fix Setting Spray - £5.00

One of the first things to catch my eye was the Pro Fix Setting Spray, which was a mere £5- (significantly cheaper than the Urban Decay Fixing Spray i'd originally planned to purchase). The packaging is pretty simple but for the price you can't really complain.
If you're unfamiliar with these sprays then the premise is simple: spritz over your face once your make-up is complete and ta-dah! Longer lasting makeup. 


I was actually really surprised with the results as the spray turned out to be far better than I had anticipated. My make-up definitely stayed put, however I don't have particularly oily skin, so i'm not sure how it would fare on someone that does. Regardless, it definitely helped my base to stay looking fresh throughout the day, there was significantly less smudging and transferring, particularly with my eye make-up, brows and blush.
One of the downsides for me, although not massive, is that it's not a particularly fine mist. When applied it can feel quite wet on your face- which is an uncomfortable feeling having spent time and effort applying my make-up. As well as this, it has got quite a strong chemically-smell; however it's not caused any irritation of breakouts which is always a good thing.
Definitely something I would consider repurchasing!


Vivid Baked Blush - £2.50


The next thing I bought was this gorgeous baked blush in the colour ' Make Love Instead'. 



These blushes are absolutely amazing.  Although the colour looks a little orange in the photo above, it's actually quite a soft, almost barbie pink, incorporated with a little shimmer to give the cheeks a beautiful, radiant glow. The blush is also very pigmented, you don't need a lot to give yourself a healthy pop of colour. They blend really nicely and last incredibly well too. My favourite blush of the moment by miles!




Vivid Baked Highlighter - £3.00

Whilst on the website I also decided to also try out one of the baked highlighters. Out of the three colours available I opted for Peach Lights, which compliments my skin perfectly.



The product opens to reveal a beautiful pearly design, mirroring that glossy appearance that helps create luminous and most importantly natural looking skin. Unlike the blush, you do have to swirl the brush around the product a few times in order to get the right amount of product, however it blends in well and leaves your skin looking so dewy and healthy. I normally apply it down my nose, across the centre of my forehead, along the top of my cheekbones and a touch on my cupid's bow. 



Iconic 3 Eyeshadow Palette - £4.00

Now as you may or may not be aware I am an eye-make up addict so I literally couldn't resist picking up one of the shadow palettes. There's a great selection to chose from, ranging from bold, loud colours, to shimmy shades, to neutrals. I decided to go with the Iconic 3 palette which housed a range of nudes, pinks and other neutrals not too dissimilar from Urban Decay's Naked 3.








With a mix of matte and shimmery shades, this palette provides everything you'd need to create a perfect day or night look. Once again I was met by great pigmentation, great blend-ability and really impressive staying power. The colours are beautiful and really do make a great dupe for more expensive palettes. I've been using this almost every day since I bought it and i'm really impressed. 


All in all I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of these. If you're on a budget you really are in luck and if you've got money to burn, well, you should definitely try some of the stuff out anyway! 


1 comment: